Oraynu Congregation is a Canadian Registered Charity, under its official name: Oraynu Community for Secular Humanistic Judaism.
Registration Number is 11914 4277 RR0001
Tax receipts are issued once a year.
Policy Respecting the Collection, Maintenance, Use and Dissemination of Personal Information
- Oraynu attempts, in good faith, to comply with the provisions of The Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act.
- The Office Manager shall be responsible for the collection and maintenance of all personal information received by Oraynu, as well as the safeguarding of such information against improper use or disclosure.
- No personal information shall be collected other than as is reasonably and legitimately necessary in fulfillment of the purposes and programs of Oraynu, as determined from time to time.
- All documents used by Oraynu to solicit personal information shall indicate clearly the purposes for which the information is being collected. In the case of information pertaining to children, the consent of a parent shall be obtained.
- Anyone who has submitted personal information to Oraynu shall be at liberty, upon reasonable notice and during reasonable business hours, to inspect the personal information that Oraynu maintains in respect to him or her or, in the case of children, in relation to his or her family.
- Any person believing that Oraynu maintains incorrect personal information regarding him or her or his or her family, and any person believing that Oraynu has wrongly used information pertaining to him or her, or his or her family, may make a complaint in writing, with details, to the President. The President shall bring the complaint to the attention of the Secretary or another member of the Board, together, they shall investigate and decide whether the complaint is justified and what, if, any, further action is appropriate. The President shall, in a timely fashion, communicate the decision to the complainant.